Draw on collective expertise and energy through collaborative teaching and planning, collegial support, and team development.
- Having staff stand for meetings keeps them quick—15 minutes, max—and efficient.
- Teacher candidates at the University of Wyoming Lab School co-teach with veterans to learn about planning, instruction, and assessment.
- Working in small teams, high school teachers offer each other support and feedback for improving in their work.
- By regularly reviewing students’ behavior and learning as a team, teachers can ensure that every student is seen, supported, and celebrated.
- Regular peer-to-peer observations—with a focus on learning, not evaluation—fosters a culture of growth and safety for teachers.