Explore the mysteries of the human brain! Find out how discoveries in neuroscience provide insights into how students learn -- and how to engage them in the classroom.
- Middle and high school students can learn to work more efficiently by using strategies that improve their executive function skills.1.3k
- Brain scans reveal crucial reading circuitry flickering to life when young readers print letters and then read them. The effect largely disappears when letters are typed or traced.
- The fear of making mistakes is often paralyzing, but cognitive science suggests that errors are part of the fundamental machinery of learning.8.6k
- Singing or humming can be a simple way to get the whole classroom recentered when things are out of hand.8.1k
- The science is clear: Drawing beats out reading and writing to help students remember concepts.60.1k
- In North Carolina, a program offers ‘rapid resets’ to help teachers and students calm their minds and bodies and get back to learning.9k
- What happens to our brains ‘on art’? New studies—often backed by brain imaging technology—are beginning to dial in on the answers.15.2k
- Research shows that breaks can provide more than rest. Use them to boost creativity, cognitive function, and social skills.9.7k