Explore the mysteries of the human brain! Find out how discoveries in neuroscience provide insights into how students learn — and how to engage them in the classroom.
- Taking students’ prior knowledge into account can help teachers balance direct instruction and student autonomy.295
- Teachers can use the principles of neuroplasticity to help students be aware of thought patterns that are no longer serving them and begin to take risks in the classroom.368
- A look at ways teachers can refine their practices to help ensure that students absorb and process information so they can retrieve it later.6.8k
- The science is clear: Drawing beats out reading and writing to help students remember concepts.64.9k
- When it comes to optimizing learning, we don’t value breaks enough, neuroscientists suggest in a new study.7.4k
- When students begin to plan, monitor, and evaluate their learning, they develop self-regulation and can set more ambitious goals.5.9k
- Proposed by Howard Gardner in 1983, the theory of multiple intelligences has revolutionized how we understand intelligence. Learn more about the research behind his theory.47.3k