Explore the mysteries of the human brain! Find out how discoveries in neuroscience provide insights into how students learn -- and how to engage them in the classroom.
- Reading lessons can involve more than just our eyes and ears. Here’s how you can promote reading skills using all five senses.2.5k
- Physical activity that amplifies learning can have a powerful effect on retention and engagement—it’s also fun.1.6k
- The science is clear: Drawing beats out reading and writing to help students remember concepts.64k
- Strategies based on neuroscience that can guide teachers in making decisions when planning lessons723
- Strategies like connecting new information to students’ prior knowledge guide them to store what they’re learning in long-term memory.1.6k
- Kids with strong working memory tend to perform well in school, and teachers can help them strengthen this executive functioning skill.513
- Research shows that distractions, confusing material, or an overwhelming amount of information can tax a student’s working memory. Here’s how to better support this essential executive function.2.4k