Learning is enhanced by the space where it happens. Discover how to make a difference by optimizing seating arrangements, classroom decor, and even building design.
- Teacher-designed stations linked to core skills prompt students to learn while exploring their interests.
- Imagine a safe space where students with autism can go to calm their bodies and then get back to the business of learning.
- See how a Reggio Emilia–inspired elementary school in Australia fosters student interests to spark curiosity and joy in learning.
- An ambitious study of 153 classrooms in the United Kingdom provides the best evidence that flexible spaces can boost academic performance.
- How a visit to Starbucks inspired a change to flexible seating—and then some changes in teaching philosophy.
- From the layout to the color scheme, every component of the Montessori classroom design is intentional.
- A quick primer on how to think about the decorations in your classroom, with five research-backed tips for getting it right.