Learning is enhanced by the space where it happens. Discover how to make a difference by optimizing seating arrangements, classroom decor, and even building design.
- Imagine a safe space where students with autism can go to calm their bodies and then get back to the business of learning.1M
- Effective classroom design can help elementary students develop skills like organization and task initiation.13.8k
- An ambitious study of 153 classrooms in the United Kingdom provides the best evidence that flexible spaces can boost academic performance.48.1k
- Setting up and organizing a classroom environment with more intention can help maximize the space for student engagement—and learning.3.2k
- By exploring outside their classroom—and even their schoolyard—two teachers found their students’ learning potential became boundless.3.4k
- Many students struggle with these skills, which are tied to academic success. Here are a few ways to teach them explicitly.2.8k
- Regular exposure to the outdoors helps young children learn and develop the skills they need to thrive in school.3515