Explore videos that showcase evidence-based learning practices in K-12 schools, and see our core strategies and key topics in action.
- Culturally Responsive TeachingConnecting students’ culture and backgrounds to the classroom isn’t just a nice thing to do—it can have a huge impact on keeping them engaged and making learning materials relevant.
- ResearchWhen students rely on verbatim notes and highlighting, they don’t actually retain information very well—but research points to several methods that work better.
- Social & Emotional Learning (SEL)When teachers are intentional about building a culture of appreciation and acknowledgment, the whole classroom community benefits.
- Culturally Responsive TeachingWhen sharing this beloved Mexican holiday with their students, teachers have an opportunity to create a culturally responsive lesson that brings more meaning to the iconic and historically significant artifacts most closely associated with it.
- Interest-Based LearningAdding some movement to lessons not only engages and motivates students—research says it helps them recall and retain information. And it’s fun!332
- Culturally Responsive TeachingThis bilingual elementary school offers students a more inclusive educational experience—through music and culturally relevant instruction.419
- AssessmentWith a few shifts in the classroom, teachers can encourage students to pay more attention to the skills they are building than to a number or letter score.504
- Classroom ManagementFrom sharing common interests to making connections through books and music, these engaging exercises provide stepping stones for teachers to build relationships in the classroom.238
- ResearchAccording to new research, integrating whole-body movements into learning the alphabet improves students’ recollection of letter-sound pairings and hard-to-learn sounds.622
- Classroom ManagementInvesting time early in the year to establish procedures and expectations lets teachers and students enjoy a classroom that runs more smoothly (almost!) every day.222