Social and Emotional Learning
Find and share resources for creating a healthy school culture by helping students develop skills to manage their emotions, resolve conflicts, and make responsible decisions.
- When schools abruptly closed due to Covid-19, teachers figured out how to make remote learning work. This week, as the nation expresses its gratitude, we recap the emotional journey.
- This round-up of teachers reaching out to their distant students makes it more clear than ever that relationships are always at the heart of teaching.
- A trauma-informed approach ensures that students feel safe, supported, and nurtured—to improve their chances of academic success.
- Research shows that students who feel safe and supported by adults at school are better able to learn.
- Students who need extra social and emotional support have a quick check-in with an adult at the start and end of each day.