Social and Emotional Learning
Find and share resources for creating a healthy school culture by helping students develop skills to manage their emotions, resolve conflicts, and make responsible decisions.
- Explicitly teaching and celebrating kindness is a simple yet powerful way to build a positive classroom culture.
- Research shows that students who feel safe and supported by adults at school are better able to learn.
- A trauma-informed approach ensures that students feel safe, supported, and nurtured—to improve their chances of academic success.
- Students who need extra social and emotional support have a quick check-in with an adult at the start and end of each day.
- A quick, low-key way to build community in your classroom on a daily basis.