Look beyond high-stakes testing to learn about different ways of assessing the full range of student ability -- social, emotional, and academic achievement.
- When students lead the conversation in their parent-teacher conferences, they take ownership of their learning and growth.2.8k
- When teachers give retakes and shift the way they talk about grades, students concentrate on the skills they’re gaining—not their scores.5.1k
- Though they have the potential to excel in many fields, we’re neglecting a large body of students with a unique set of skills.13.9k
- Work that emphasizes students’ developing skills instead of a graded product reminds them to see learning as their goal.10.9k
- Finding out what your students are really learning remains indispensable to teaching. Here’s what teachers are doing to check for understanding online.12.3k