9-12 High School
Explore and share tips, strategies, and resources for helping students develop in grades 9-12.
- This powerful PBL unit turned a ninth-grade classroom into a non-profit—complete with an accounting division, a full-fledged marketing team, and a well-attended fundraising event.
- Teachers can use inquiry to guide students to engage in learning activities that are personally and culturally relevant to them.
- Strong relationships with teachers combined with early postsecondary planning can improve disabled students’ college and career outcomes.
- Banning cell phones from classrooms can backfire, but teachers can help students think critically about this addictive technology.2.3k
- Student misbehavior has been particularly agonizing for teachers this year, but there are proactive steps educators can take to remedy it.1.7k
- There are many reasons students don’t ask for help. Research shows there are strategies to help them overcome their reluctance.1.6k
- For middle and high school students, the last few weeks of school offer a great opportunity to look back on challenges they’ve overcome, celebrate achievements, and dream of what is to come next year.706
- This graphic organizer guides students to categorize information while they’re taking notes, leading to deeper engagement.1.4k