9-12 High School
Explore and share tips, strategies, and resources for helping students develop in grades 9-12.
- An experienced educator offers practical tips to help English language learning specialists work effectively with classroom teachers.
- By giving each student a job to do when tackling complex text, teachers help ensure that students actually understand what they are reading.11.2k
- The benefits of movement in the classroom aren’t limited to younger students. Pairing new words and concepts with gestures or dance moves locks in understanding—and active brain breaks prime students to learn even more.13.6k
- By providing opportunities for students to share ideas with each other, teachers create space for them to develop social skills, retain more content, and deepen understanding of the material.812
- The team competition is fierce in this informal assessment activity, in which students have to work together to win.6.4k
- These adapted classroom strategies encourage students to talk through and reflect on learning in meaningful ways.460
There has been an error with the video.When students share stories about those who have inspired and impacted them, the whole classroom feels more connected.34.9k