Social & Emotional Learning (SEL)
Find and share resources for creating a healthy school culture by helping students develop skills to manage their emotions, resolve conflicts, and make responsible decisions.
- A 2021 study reveals the ways in which new and experienced teachers think about discipline—plus 6 takeaways for managing your classroom effectively this year.9.9k
- There’s a lot of talk about learning loss, but teachers can guide students to reflect on all the ways they’ve grown during the pandemic.2.2k
- When students learn about each other’s identities, it helps them understand their own biases and prejudices, as well as build a space of respect and tolerance for all.2.2k
- Play can help the youngest students transition to in-person learning and develop skills they need for the future.1.9k
- Everyone in the classroom benefits when there are opportunities throughout the day to reflect and prepare for learning.
- A trauma-informed approach ensures that students feel safe, supported, and nurtured—to improve their chances of academic success.128.8k
- When students use a questioning strategy to think about their own thinking, they can see how to transfer their learning to new situations.1.2k