What’s the right amount of homework to assign? Learn about the research behind homework, how schools and teachers are handling it, and how you can differentiate it in a manageable way.
- Predictable routines can teach students how to use organizational tools and help them develop their executive function skills.631
- Homework has benefits, but the research is clear: there are real consequences to assigning too much.56.3k
- When teachers give retakes and shift the way they talk about grades, students concentrate on the skills they’re gaining—not their scores.7k
- Will flexibility around due dates deliver a reprieve for stressed-out students—or ruin them for real-world work? A high school teacher examines the practice.1.5k
- Middle and high school students can learn to work more efficiently by using strategies that improve their executive function skills.2.8k
- While students and their families are coping with so much, teachers should be mindful to assign only homework that’s truly meaningful.2.4k