Whether via classroom discussions, analysis of written text, higher-order questioning, or other strategies, learn and share ways to help students go deeper with their thinking.
- These strategies help elementary students grapple with the very large numbers involved in talking about time and space.
- When teachers provide opportunities for students to construct figures and play with dimensions while exploring geometry, math becomes more accessible to everyone.3.5k
- Repeated exposure to important concepts helps students retain more information and think deeper about the material they’re studying.4644
- By reading books out loud every day, teachers introduce students to higher-level texts and new vocabulary, while modeling deeper thinking and strong discussion skills.455
- Students need explicit instruction on the benefits of skimming material and when this method is insufficient.3494
- The morning message is a popular way to help elementary students transition into school—and it can be adapted for home learning.15.9k