Explore and share tips, strategies, and resources for helping students develop in science.
- Spending time outside one day each week helps students find a sense of calm and become careful observers of the natural world.465
- Digital media has the potential to be hands-on and playful. These online platforms encourage young students to engage in open-ended exploration.308
- New research reveals that when science, reading, and math come together in rigorous hands-on projects, student collaboration, engagement, and achievement can soar.5.7k
- A new study shows that when implemented well, AP courses built around project-based learning can raise test scores for all students, including those in traditionally underserved demographics.4.7k
- What happens when students can opt to skip tests and instead give oral presentations or create art to show what they know?4.4k
- The Claim, Evidence, Reasoning framework is a scaffolded way to teach the scientific method.26.2k
- By creating opportunities for students to study outside, teachers can connect their classes to nature through hands-on lessons.480