Discover how students' input and expertise can help shape their classroom, their school, and ultimately their own learning and growth.
- A quick formative assessment tool also encourages all students—even shy ones—to participate in discussions.
- When students and teachers collaborate to create shared behavior expectations, the whole class is invested in the norms.
- When students lead meetings with their parents and teachers, they gain a voice in their education and develop skills like goal-setting and metacognition.
- Starting the day with this 15-minute activity helps students regulate their emotions and focus on the day’s learning.
- Teacher-designed stations linked to core skills prompt students to learn while exploring their interests.
- Students at Pittsfield Middle High School are trained to mediate conflicts between their fellow students—and between students and teachers.