Discover how students' input and expertise can help shape their classroom, their school, and ultimately their own learning and growth.
- A quick formative assessment tool also encourages all students—even shy ones—to participate in discussions.
- High school seniors build confidence by documenting their growth and learning in a speech presented to their families and the school community.
- When students lead meetings with their parents and teachers, they gain a voice in their education and develop skills like goal-setting and metacognition.
- Starting the day with this 15-minute activity helps students regulate their emotions and focus on the day’s learning.
- Competency-based education personalizes how students show mastery by giving them choice in how they’re assessed.
- Students at Pittsfield Middle High School are trained to mediate conflicts between their fellow students—and between students and teachers.
- Student-designed electives put kids' passions at the forefront of their learning.
- Teachers encourage student-centered learning by allowing students to share in decisions, believing in their capacity to lead, and remembering how it feels to learn.
- When students see themselves reflected in their teachers, it shows them that they too can succeed.