How are educators harnessing the energy of the maker movement to inspire student exploration across multiple subjects? Discover resources and share advice.
- Makerspaces build students’ cognitive abilities while fostering independence, perseverance, and self-regulation.9k
- Emily Pilloton, Founder of Studio H, a design/build class at REALM Charter School and Girls Garage both in Berkeley, California, describes how she “knew there were things about architecture and design that could have a deep impact in the classroom.”6.7k
- All points of arts integration -- from benefits and implementation to linking the arts with core curriculum -- are covered in this roundup of useful Edutopia blog posts, articles, and videos.3.7k
- Turning abstract concepts like symbolism and imagery into 3D representations develops deeper understanding and engagement.1.8k
- Hands-on projects that use inexpensive materials and focus on multiple iterations help make learning fun.459
- Explore ways to use STEM lessons and approaches to help students practice cross-disciplinary thinking and build skills in science, technology, engineering, and math.2.1k