After graduation, what next? Learn about preparing students for college admission and helping them stay in college once they get there.
- A celebration for high school seniors—most of whom will be the first in their families to go to college—as they submit their applications.12.9k
- Hoping to prepare high school graduates to solve complex, real-world problems, an Ohio STEM school found answers in project-based learning.676
- Can you predict academic success or whether a child will graduate? You can, but not how you might think. When psychologist Angela Duckworth studied people in various challenging situations, including National Spelling Bee participants, rookie teachers in tough neighborhoods, and West Point cadets, she found: One characteristic emerged as a significant predictor of success. And it wasn't social intelligence. It wasn't good looks, physical health, and it wasn't IQ. It was grit.7k
- High school educators can play an important role in preparing students to request accommodations in college.1.5k
- Matt Davis has highlighted resources for parents, teachers, and administrators that can help students make the transition into elementary, middle, and high school -- and beyond.3.1k
- Enlisting the support of alumni and working professionals, a teacher encourages her second graders to start thinking about colleges and careers.615
- Encouraging students to reach out to each other to solve problems and share knowledge builds collaborative skills and leads to deeper learning at The College Preparatory School.3.8k