Bringing the arts into core curricula raises student achievement and improves student engagement. Discover and share strategies for integrating the arts throughout core subject areas.
- Dance, drama, visual arts, and music offer engaging entry points for creating classroom expectations and community norms.10381
- Incorporating the arts into STEM education helps foster students’ creativity, cognitive development, and content knowledge.
- The science is clear: Drawing beats out reading and writing to help students remember concepts.66.7k
- Teachers can incorporate music in their classrooms in a variety of ways to enhance the cognitive processes that are essential to learning.2.8k
- What happens to our brains ‘on art’? New studies—often backed by brain imaging technology—are beginning to dial in on the answers.16.4k
- Visual note-taking allows information to be processed by the brain in three different ways.7.3k
- Young students can apply language skills to learn to 'read art,' including their own work.11.4k
- Increased self-confidence and self-understanding, enhanced communication skills, and improved cognition are among the many reasons for teaching the arts.13.3k