Bringing the arts into core curricula raises student achievement and improves student engagement. Discover and share strategies for integrating the arts throughout core subject areas.
- These inexpensive instruments can open up enriching experiences that guide elementary students to enjoy learning how to play music.5433
- Teachers can guide students to explore versatile tools like Flip and Seesaw in a range of assignments across the curriculum.
There has been an error with the video.The science is clear: Drawing beats out reading and writing to help students remember concepts.66.9k
There has been an error with the video.What happens to our brains ‘on art’? New studies—often backed by brain imaging technology—are beginning to dial in on the answers.16.4k
- Teachers can incorporate music in their classrooms in a variety of ways to enhance the cognitive processes that are essential to learning.2.8k
- Research finds that dramatic play games can help students develop self-control and improve their listening skills.5460
- Visual note-taking allows information to be processed by the brain in three different ways.7.4k
- Young students can apply language skills to learn to 'read art,' including their own work.11.4k
- Increased self-confidence and self-understanding, enhanced communication skills, and improved cognition are among the many reasons for teaching the arts.13.6k