Teaching students to create and make with code? Explore and share resources and strategies, including activities, games, and apps, for teaching kids programming skills and computer science concepts.
- ChatGPT and other AI tools complicate how teachers think about student writing and how they teach academic integrity.682
- Lessons about AI can provide a great entry point into computer science for middle and high school students.793
- With this collection of resources, you can teach your students to code—even if you’re still learning yourself.5.2k
- A teacher who sponsors a coding club shares how it helps students meet peers with similar interests and feel less alone while learning at home.1.4k
- Students can develop computer science skills starting in the early grades—even without a computer—in project-based learning and other units.1.1k
- An activity that combines coding and solving equations improves students’ math skills and helps them build persistence.280
- If you're concerned that a) elementary school students don't have the ability to code, b) there's no room in the curriculum, and c) you don't possess coding chops to teach programming skills, throw out those worries. Explore these free, or almost free, tools, sites and apps that require no coding background or expertise.3.1k