Educators across the country are replacing punitive discipline with a restorative approach, resulting in fewer suspensions and expulsions. Learn how educators make these practices successful in their classrooms and schools.
- Common social and emotional learning strategies also promote equity, contributing to all students’ feeling of belonging in school.582
- Teachers can rebuild connections and create an educational environment in which they support students and each other.999
- See what happens when students and faculty participate in regular meetings to build trust and promote deeper learning.20k
- In lieu of a more punitive approach, students use restorative practices to resolve conflicts and reflect on their behaviors.11.1k
- Students at Pittsfield Middle High School are trained to mediate conflicts between their fellow students—and between students and teachers.11k
- Restorative justice promotes a positive, orderly school environment. Students and all members of the school community can learn and practice self-discipline, empathy, and accountability.7.9k
- As an element of restorative justice, dialogue circles foster a safe space for open discussion.5.6k