Find compassionate perspectives and evidence-based strategies to foster school environments that promote psychological well-being and support students experiencing behavioral, emotional, or social challenges.
- A trauma-informed approach ensures that students feel safe, supported, and nurtured—to improve their chances of academic success.
- Students who need extra social and emotional support have a quick check-in with an adult at the start and end of each day.
- A quick, fun classroom activity fosters open dialogue while releasing pent-up energy.
- Providing students with a quiet spot where they can calm themselves in times of stress helps them develop self-regulation.
- De-escalation spaces allow students to leave stressful situations or interactions so they can process their emotions and then return to learning.