Learn and share ideas about how to engage caring individuals, organizations, and businesses to help schools with resources, mentors, internships, and more.
- A community raised $6 million to construct an innovative 30,000-square-foot facility complete with makerspaces and learning labs.16.1k
- A few tips for finding and working with partners to collaborate with students in hands-on project-based learning experiences.237
- By focusing on play, schools are finding ways to bring students with and without disabilities together, to the benefit of both groups.3.2k
- With daily news reports about the devastating impact on students who have been relentlessly bullied, teachers find themselves on the front line in addressing bullying and intolerance. It is time to move into action. Not In Our School offers solutions-based strategies and tools for change to a network of schools that are working to create safe, inclusive and accepting climates.7.2k
- Students learn skills like maintaining inventory, marketing, and scheduling while working in a cafe as part of a business class.4.5k
- Data shows that Black youth are especially prone to develop mental health issues but less likely to seek out or receive the specialized services and care they need.1.4k
- High-poverty schools can involve students' families through home visits and by joining the community's safety net to provide social and medical services for those in need.4.5k