Edutopia's new series profiles young people who are making their learning more authentic by taking it into their own hands, on their own time. This series is produced by Mobile Digital Arts and Twin Cities Public Television, as a companion to an hour-long PBS special that is now available to watch.
More Edutopia Coverage on Game-Based Learning
- BLOG: Gamestar Mechanic: Gamification Made Easy
Andrew Proto, middle school English teacher and former technology instructor, talks about how Gamestar Mechanic can serve as a cool student engagement tool.
- RESOURCE ROUNDUP: Video Games for Learning
Check out Edutopia's collection of articles, videos, and resources on using video games and simulations in the classroom.
- VIDEO: Using Games for Learning and Assessment
Computer simulations are natural learning tools for a generation of video game players.
- See all Edutopia game-based learning blogs.
Additional Game-Based Learning Resources on the Web
- Gamestar Mechanic Teachers' Page
- National STEM Video Game Challenge (Rhys won this challenge in 2011)
- Games+Learning+Society (GLS)
- Games for Change
Visit the Is School Enough? series page to see more videos on informal learning.