Discover the strategies that work best to involve students in their own learning.
- The benefits of movement in the classroom aren’t limited to younger students. Pairing new words and concepts with gestures or dance moves locks in understanding—and active brain breaks prime students to learn even more.13.6k
- Challenging students to do projects without technology has benefits for creativity, critical thinking, and student engagement.105
- These adapted classroom strategies encourage students to talk through and reflect on learning in meaningful ways.460
- Though remote learning during the pandemic has brought many challenges, some students seem to be thriving in the new circumstances. What can we learn from them?75.7k
There has been an error with the video.When students share stories about those who have inspired and impacted them, the whole classroom feels more connected.34.9k
There has been an error with the video.When educators at a Washington, DC, high school ditched their lectures and devised a self-paced blended learning model, their students thrived.59k
- Openers matter and set the tone for the lesson that follows. Here’s how to start strong when you need to.13.3k