Find and share strategies for helping students read for knowledge, write coherently, and think critically about the written word.
- Some schools are changing the way they teach reading—based on research that shows background knowledge is more critical to comprehension than general skills like ‘finding the main idea.’38k
- Developing independent readers means nurturing the conditions for passion and independent thinking to flourish.1.9k
- The number one concern that I hear from educators is lack of time, particularly lack of instructional time with students. Although we can't entirely solve the time problem, we can mitigate it by carefully analyzing our use of class time.116.7k
- New research reveals that when science, reading, and math come together in rigorous hands-on projects, student collaboration, engagement, and achievement can soar.5.5k
- A teacher who spent 13 years in the Middle East shares ideas on how to support Arabic-speaking students in learning English.261