Discover how students can drive their own learning through Genius Hour, 20% Time, personalized PBL, and other passion-based strategies facilitating student voice and choice.
- Teachers can build rapport with students by starting the year with activities that encourage sharing of interests, and by connecting those interests to curriculum.658
- Every teacher already has the tools to differentiate in powerful ways for all learners.27.6k
- How to adapt principles from the famed approach to foster interest-based learning for the youngest students.3.2k
- By connecting learning to the real world, students begin to see themselves as a catalyst for change within it.3k
- Teachers who guide middle and high school students to work on passion projects see several benefits, including greater learning gains.902
- For young children, play is the primary vehicle for learning, and these ideas will help ensure that they continue to have rich play experiences at home.4.5k
- School leaders can combine traditional data with social and emotional data to get a full picture of the school experience of students and staff.639