Discover how students can drive their own learning through Genius Hour, 20% Time, personalized PBL, and other passion-based strategies facilitating student voice and choice.
- Building real-world work skills and authentic activities into lessons helps students see a path beyond high school.
- Every teacher already has the tools to differentiate in powerful ways for all learners.
- Teacher-designed stations linked to core skills prompt students to learn while exploring their interests.
- Student-designed electives put kids' passions at the forefront of their learning.
- Students learn skills like maintaining inventory, marketing, and scheduling while working in a cafe as part of a business class.
- Months- or even years-long independent research projects motivate students to develop core curricular skills.
- Watch students take charge of their project-based learning, by creating their own learning goals and identifying resources beyond their teacher.
- Tapping into preschoolers’ natural curiosity helps teachers foster an early interest in science, technology, engineering, and math.