Learn about how teachers can effectively support other teachers in professional development, sharing best practices, and improving instruction.
- Building strong ties with teachers is key to being able to support them in improving student outcomes. Hint: Keep some chocolate handy.
- When teachers film themselves in the classroom, it helps them reflect on and improve their teaching practice.
- Educators can more easily integrate new initiatives with established procedures by mapping the positives and negatives of both.
- If schools want a strong collegial atmosphere, they need to foster it intentionally—both across the school and on smaller scales.
- Guiding teachers who have years of experience takes sensitivity and a willingness to learn from them at the same time.
- Some dos and don’ts for instructional coaches striving to help new teachers make a successful start.
- Turning down a new responsibility at work can be tough, but an instructional coach has some advice for how to do it.
- Blogger Elena Aguilar shares an excerpt from her recently released book, The Art of Coaching: Effective Strategies for School Transformation.
- Check out these tips and sage advice on how to guide a team of teachers and facilitate professional development.
- School-improvement coach and former teacher Elena Aguilar shares five things for a teacher to consider before becoming an instructional coach.
- See how a high school integrated technology in teaching with the help of an instructional coach.
- A new toolkit from Harvard University’s Center for Education Policy Research provides resources to help educators leverage video observations in school communities to improve teacher practice and student learning.
- Teacher teams can take a big step toward effective communication by naming what they want to hear and see in group conversations and what they don't want to hear and see.
- Blogger and school principal Ben Johnson explains how educational coaching can transform classrooms.
- Effective schools and organizations have a mission and vision that motivates, unifies, and guides all stakeholders in their day-to-day operations.