Culturally Responsive Teaching
Find and share resources and explore strategies to engage students by connecting to and honoring their cultures, experiences, and backgrounds.
- A commitment to fostering an environment of caring can promote learning in culturally diverse pre-K to 2 classrooms.737
- Has the recent uptick in diverse characters in children’s literature translated into authentic representation? One team of researchers used artificial intelligence to investigate.
- Teachers can promote cultural literacy in the classroom by honoring the contributions of people from a wide spectrum of traditions.574
- Teachers can help all students feel like they belong in math classes by creating connections between course material and students’ lives.710
- Elementary teachers can gain rich insights into their students’ lives by asking a few simple questions early in the year.374
- Having a good rapport with families, including those who are experiencing hardship, helps teachers support their students.230
- Five ways teachers can celebrate and extend the linguistic expertise of young students who speak two or more languages.9.7k
- These techniques for creating a positive learning environment help students adapt to a new culture and acquire a new language.631