Look beyond high-stakes testing to learn about different ways of assessing the full range of student ability—social, emotional, and academic achievement.
- Teachers may need to adjust their instruction and feedback methods depending upon where students are on proficiency scales.112
- Providing elementary students with multiple means of action and expression helps ensure that teachers create equitable, valid assessments.6805
- When teachers bring collaboration, creativity, and movement into assessment, anxiety and dread give way to confidence and joy as students show off what they have learned.2.3k
- Though they have the potential to excel in many fields, we’re neglecting a large body of students with a unique set of skills.15.3k
- Tracking information related to their learning teaches students useful data skills and guides them to work on goal-setting.3667