Project Learning: Teachers Discuss the Daily Challenges
A team of eighth-grade teachers compares notes on the trials and rewards of working together on project-based “expeditionary” learning.
Teacher and School Planning Guides:
Rubric: Buck Institute for Education Planning Template ( 261K)
Form: Casco Bay - Expedition Planning Template ( 568K)
Guidelines: Casco Bay - High School Expedition Guidelines ( 568K)
Rubric: Casco Bay - Making Meaning: Critical Thinking & Reading Strategies ( 568K)
Sample Teacher Schedule from King Middle School (From Edutopia article, Sample Teacher Schedule for Middle School.) ( 500K)
Rubric: King Middle School Six Steps to Planning a Successful Project ( 80K)
Graphic: Audio Recording Tips ( 1.1MB)
Chart: Evolution of Project Learning at King Middle School (1988 - 2007) ( 240K)
Graphic: Tips for Taking Photos
- Buck Institute for Education
- Casco Bay High School's Ten Design Principles of Expeditionary Learning
- Expeditionary Learning Schools
- Helen King Middle School, Portland, ME
- Maine International Center for Digital Learning: Contains a series of videos for teachers on 1:1 from the basics -- how to find and evaluation information on the internet, teaching students digital literacy, connecting with parents through computers, and changing curriculum to make the most out of computers.
- Maine Learning Technology Initiative, Maine Department of Education Site
- The Tech Curve Show: Blog, resources and training videos produced by students that each cover a specific technical aspect of the laptops -- such using iPhoto, posting video, and ethics on the internet.
What do you think of Schools that Work?
Tweet your answer to @edutopia or post your comment below.