Prepare students for academic and life success by helping them develop their listening, speaking, writing, and digital media skills.
- In this video series, we explore how educators can guide all students, regardless of their developmental starting points, to become productive and engaged learners.
- A quick formative assessment tool also encourages all students—even shy ones—to participate in discussions.
- Students deepen their understanding and build a sense of community by engaging with their peers’ reasoned arguments.
- Starting the day with this 15-minute activity helps students regulate their emotions and focus on the day’s learning.
- Looking for a simple way to ensure all voices are heard in your classroom? Try equity sticks.
- Looking for a simple way to get your students writing? Try a low-stakes timed exercise.
- Sentence starters that students use to join a class discussion encourage both academic thinking and social connectedness.
- Improve the quality of class discussions by giving young kids a checklist of key things to look for when their peers talk.