Working together to solve problems and complete projects deepens students' learning and builds collaborative skills. Learn how to design activities to help develop these skills.
- When students are taught to listen to each other’s ideas, give regular feedback, and focus on strong communication, they become skilled collaborators.
- This simple activity helps students practice giving and receiving peer feedback—and gets them out of their desks.
- Giving students randomly assigned roles in their group work helps ensure that they all participate.
- Even the youngest students can collaborate productively to push each other’s learning through a protocol that introduces peer feedback.
- Vertical learning—a framework for high quality group work—showcases student thinking for everyone to see.