For more ideas, information on the links cited in the video, and activities that build executive function, check out the links below:
- 2014 Activities Guide: Enhancing and Practicing Executive Function Skills With Children from Infancy to Adolescence, from the Center on the Developing Child at Harvard University
- 2019 paper on the science of learning and development, by Linda Darling-Hammond et al.
- 2021 Edutopia article on executive function and kindergarten readiness, by Jackie Peng
- 2014 article about the influence of self-talk, by Ethan Kross et al.
- 2016 study about improving perseverance in young children, by Rachel E. White et al.