Looking for resources cited in the video?
- 2019 study on mindfulness in the classroom, by Akira S. Gutierrez et al.
- 2021 study on the effects of a deep breathing intervention on children’s physiological arousal, by Jelena Obradović et al.
- Greater Good Science Center’s Body Scan Meditation activity
- 2013 study on how mindfulness interventions can help youth get out of a distractive or ruminative state, by Lori M. Hilt and Seth D. Pollack
- 2010 article on the benefits of gratitude and appreciation, by Randy A. Sansone and Lori A. Sansone
- 2014 article on teaching gratitude to children and its developmental benefits, by Kirstin Layous and Sonja Lyubomirsky
The countdown to calm activity was inspired by the 5-4-3-2-1 exercise developed by therapist Tom Bunn.