Bookshelves and study carrels? Digital learning commons? Or something in between? Discover how educators are using and reimagining their school libraries.
- Teachers can use remote reading conferences and online library explorations to ensure that students continue to build literacy skills.646
- A literacy consultant explains how schools can encourage all students to share the joy of reading.3.2k
- A community raised $6 million to construct an innovative 30,000-square-foot facility complete with makerspaces and learning labs.16.1k
- Ten suggestions for how any teacher, teaching any subject can participate in this mission, and how parents and administrators can help.10k
- While libraries and makerspaces are both interdisciplinary, resource-filled places of informal learning, each serves distinct purposes for enriching student experience and school culture.1.1k
- A 21st-century librarian can inspire a school by modeling responsive teaching, advocating for student involvement, facilitating new approaches to writing, and encouraging user-centered spaces.771