Find and share resources to help students engage in innovative processes for tackling complex real-world problems in human-centered ways.
- Curious how design thinking can be applied in the classroom? There are a few key ingredients to consider.163
- How a visit to Starbucks inspired a change to flexible seating—and then some changes in teaching philosophy.30.8k
- Educators take on the role of guides and motivate students to direct their own learning.6.5k
- Students learn to empathize with others around the globe while solving real-world problems.4.1k
- English language arts teachers can borrow design thinking from STEM classes to support a deep understanding of literary characters.557
- Professional growth experiences should be designed to amplify collaboration and active exploration.254
- Students in India in grades pre-K to 12 use design thinking to create products that address real needs.1.6k
As a model for reframing methods and outcomes, design thinking reconnects educators to their creativity and aspirations for helping students develop as deep thinkers and doers.