We could hardly wait to hear from you. The 2008 Edutopia Readers' Survey shares insider knowledge from community-building strategies to technology tools. We collated the most popular replies and valuable tips.
Now it's your turn again. Each page is a discussion starter where you can vote on the top answers, comment on ideas, and swap information. So contribute! You might even spark a question for next year.
This year's Readers' Survey was conducted at Edutopia.org March 26-April 30, 2008. Participants responded to questions in their own words, and their answers were tabulated to yield the top three to five vote getters in each category. The top responses for each question appear with voting buttons to encourage our visitors to participate further.
- Best Blog for Educators
- Best Educational Podcast
- Best Virtual Field Trip
- Best Site from Which You Can Download FreeLessons and Materials
- Best Site for Grant Information
- Best Technology Product for Less Than $100
- Best Technology Tool for Students
- Best Education Software
- Amount You Spend Out of Pocket Each Year onClassroom Supplies
- Best Way to Get What You Need for the Classroom
- Best Public Advocate or Role Model for Educators
- Best New Book About Education
- Top Concern of Parents
- Top Concern of Teachers
- What's Missing from Education Degree orCertification Programs
- Who, from the Past or Present, You'd Like toTeach Your Class for a Day
- Subject That Typically Isn't Taught in SchoolsThat Should Be
- Best Way for Schools to Keep New Teachers from Burning Out
- Best Way to Find Inspiration
- Best Way to Create an Educational Community