Teach students about polygons and perspective drawing. Build momentum with the basics for more advanced topics later on.
- Polygon examples
- Techniques for drawing in two and three dimensions
- Introduction to orthography
Get students to start brainstorming and sketching their miniature golf holes. This lesson serves as an introduction to popular golf terms and clarifies the requirements for the golf-hole design.
- Golf concepts
- Example of project parameters
- Techniques for brainstorming ideas
Take estimation and critical thinking skills to the next level. Teach students how to turn their golf-hole sketches into the real thing.
- Teamwork-building skills
- Steps for laying the green
- Tips to encourage constructive criticism
Show students how to incorporate feedback for improving their golf-hole designs and how to create blueprints of their holes on presentation boards.
- A review of orthographic drawings
- Components of the presentation board
- Steps to help students draft their holes in different perspectives
Help students create their golf-hole designs digitally. This lesson delves into the uses and application of software for 3-D modeling.
- Examples of software for 3-D modeling
- Techniques to teach the software
- Boolean shapes
Wrap up the curriculum by helping students draft and give a presentation about their golf-hole design.
- Techniques to help students create presentations
- Feedback loops
- Tips for building the course