Embedding Assessment Throughout the Project (Keys to PBL Series Part 5)
Assessment can be integrated seamlessly into project-based learning. Find tools for measuring student understanding from the beginning to the end of a project.
5 Keys Video Series
See Edutopia's core strategies in action with our Five Keys video series. Take a deeper look at each strategy as we share the nuts and bolts of program implementation, give voice to examples from schools around the country, and illuminate the research behind the practices.
Click here to watch "Five Keys to Rigorous Project-Based Learning."
Learn more about the 5 Keys to Rigorous PBL:
- Establishing Real-World Connections in Projects
(Keys to PBL Series Part 1)
Students are more engaged when learning relates directly to the world they live in. See how to extend your projects beyond the classroom walls.
- Building Rigorous Projects That Are Core to Learning
(Keys to PBL Series Part 2)
- Structuring Collaboration for Student Success
(Keys to PBL Series Part 3)
- Facilitating Learning in a Student-Driven Environment
(Keys to PBL Series Part 4)
- Embedding Assessment Throughout the Project
(Keys to PBL Series Part 5)
- CORE STRATEGY PAGE: Project-Based Learning
Use this roundup page to discover why project-based learning is a dynamic classroom approach in which students actively explore real-world problems and challenges and acquire a deeper knowledge.
- ARTICLE: Project-Based Learning Research Review
Studies have proven that when implemented well, project-based learning (PBL) can increase retention of content and improve students' attitudes towards learning, among other benefits.