Educators must always hone their craft. Discover the many formal, informal, ongoing, and job-embedded professional-development programs keeping teachers at the top of their game.
- Brief visits to several classrooms give teachers a chance to reflect on a variety of practices.
- When teachers film themselves in the classroom, it helps them reflect on and improve their teaching practice.
- Teacher candidates at the University of Wyoming Lab School co-teach with veterans to learn about planning, instruction, and assessment.
- PD could be more effective if we differentiated it by gauging teachers' readiness, utilizing their interests, involving them in the process, and providing continual assessment opportunities.
- Teachers encourage student-centered learning by allowing students to share in decisions, believing in their capacity to lead, and remembering how it feels to learn.
- The 168 schools in the Nashville district collaborate to bolster school culture and instruction with social and emotional learning.