Explore and share tips, strategies, and resources for helping students develop in science.
- By leaving space in their lessons for authentic curiosity to take hold, teachers can enable deeper learning.
- Physics students assume the role of aerospace engineers to explore the real-world problem of how to land a rover on Mars.
- A recent meta-analysis of almost 80 studies finds that girls are making dramatic strides in imagining themselves as scientists—but there’s still work to do.
- Learning collaboratively through projects yields results for middle school students.
- Look through the door of one classroom and you might see the students hunched over, not engaged, even frowning. Look through the door of another classroom, and you might see a room full of lively students, eager, engaged and participating. What is the second teacher doing that the first one isn't? He or she is using creativity in that classroom.
- The Claim, Evidence, Reasoning framework is a scaffolded way to teach the scientific method.