Explore and share tips, strategies, and resources for helping students develop in the arts.
- As the world closed down, a high school photography assignment captured the imaginations of students and teachers around the country.
- What happens to our brains ‘on art’? New studies—often backed by brain imaging technology—are beginning to dial in on the answers.
- How an art project on making rock sculptures helped a class of first graders settle down and find their focus.
- Look through the door of one classroom and you might see the students hunched over, not engaged, even frowning. Look through the door of another classroom, and you might see a room full of lively students, eager, engaged and participating. What is the second teacher doing that the first one isn't? He or she is using creativity in that classroom.
- A principal has turned a school in the Bronx around by asking teachers to promote literacy every day—in every subject area.
- Art and music are key to student development.