We are dedicated to improving the K-12 learning process through innovative, replicable, and evidence-based strategies that prepare students to thrive in their studies, careers, and adult lives.
Our vision is of a new world of learning, a place where students and parents, teachers and administrators, policy makers and the people they serve are all empowered to change education for the better; a place where schools provide rigorous project-based learning, social-emotional learning, and access to new technology; a place where innovation is the rule, not the exception; a place where students become lifelong learners and develop 21st-century skills, especially three fundamental skills:
- how to find information;
- how to assess the quality of information;
- how to creatively and effectively use information to accomplish a goal.
It’s a place of inspiration and aspiration based on the urgent belief that improving education is the key to the survival of the human race. We call this place Edutopia, and we provide not just the vision for this new world of learning but the real-world information and community connections to make it a reality.
What We Do
We pursue our mission through three primary sets of activities:
- identifying, describing, and promoting effective models and innovations in K-12 education by producing video and other digital media;
- funding and developing research to identify and evaluate rigorous practices for learners, educators and schools; and
- developing advanced software, technology and material for educational purposes.
Please note: The Foundation is a nonpartisan organization, and does not take positions on any legislation or ballot measures, nor does it endorse or oppose any candidates in elections to public office.