For educators of teachers who want to learn about innovative ideas coming out of forward-thinking schools of education.
- Mark Phillips draws compelling case studies (for both students and teachers) from a masterful French film about the tensions and possibilities in a multicultural classroom.
- A project-based clinical approach develops learning opportunities for both students and teacher candidates, relying on authentic collaborations that involve university faculty and classroom teachers.
- Deans for Impact believes that teacher educators should focus on how students acquire and retain information to help them build their critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Students develop academic honesty when you build their moral vocabulary, respond appropriately to cheating, use meaningful quotes, and inspire them to believe in themselves.
- Teacher-preparation programs provide educators-to-be with the tools, mentors, and hands-on experience they'll need once they begin their career.
- Among the top strategies for highly effective professional development are making it useful, making it relevant, and making sure that teachers start practicing it ASAP.
- Seeking to learn from what happens in the classroom, teacher researchers are innovators, curriculum drivers, agents of school change, and directors of their own professional development.
- Instead of believing in the right/left brain, learning styles, and that we use only ten percent of our brains, we should focus on neuroscience research.
- Blogger Elena Aguilar shares an excerpt from her recently released book, The Art of Coaching: Effective Strategies for School Transformation.
- Guest blogger Jennifer Bay-Williams, educator and author, shares three critical ideas that she wants her preservice math teachers to learn, each connected with a basic understanding of how their students will think and acquire knowledge.
- Preparing teachers to be more well-rounded educators.
- In the second of three parts, guest blogger Dr. Janice Dole shares the videos she uses to help preservice teachers grasp the nuances of instructing students how to master close reading.
- Blogger and school principal Ben Johnson explains how educational coaching can transform classrooms.