When students, staff, and visitors enter your campus, how do they feel? Read about creating a positive, welcoming, education-friendly climate in your school.
- A trauma-informed approach ensures that students feel safe, supported, and nurtured—to improve their chances of academic success.
- Research shows that students who feel safe and supported by adults at school are better able to learn.
- Students who need extra social and emotional support have a quick check-in with an adult at the start and end of each day.
- A simple greeting at the door forges a strong teacher-student bond.
- Providing students with a quiet spot where they can calm themselves in times of stress helps them develop self-regulation.