5-Minute Film Festival
Enjoy these thoughtfully-curated playlists of informative, compelling short videos about all things related to teaching and learning.
- Five videos and a set of resources for celebrating Character Day on September 26.
- Take a well-deserved break and enjoy our picks for the best recent parody videos for educators and their students.
- Check out these immersive 360-degree videos you can use in your classroom—no special equipment needed.
- Most educators have little choice about the (usually) over-crowded, (often) unappealing rooms they teach in -- but they intuitively know that the spaces children spend their time in can have an effect on how they learn. I've gathered a collection of videos to explore the questions: How important is environment to learning? And what small changes can you make in seating, organization, lighting, and decor to build your own space into a better place to teach and learn?
- Learn more about how mindset can affect learning with this collection of videos—for everyone from preschoolers to parents.
- VideoAmy compiled this moving playlist of videos to explore the importance of human relationships and the power of being kind, generous, and compassionate.
- VideoAmy explores the topic of digital citizenship with this playlist of videos on the importance of online safety, manners, privacy, and responsibility.
- Knowing how to learn from failure can be a key to success. In this playlist, VideoAmy curates the best videos and resources for encouraging students to be resilient and embrace mistakes.
- Videos can be a highly effective tool for teaching and learning English when used strategically. Check out these 7 videos to use with ELLs in the classroom.
- These three videos on the importance of empathy will help inspire a conversation in the classroom and beyond.
- Looking for a new way to spark creativity in your students' writing? Try these video writing prompts.
- Teaching your students about poverty and hunger can be a powerful experience for them. VideoAmy shares a series of videos that explore the issues encountered by four college students who lived on one dollar per day in Guatemala.
- Spice up your math lessons with these engaging, interesting, and entertaining teaching videos.
- Transforming bystanders into "upstanders" is an effective strategy for bullying prevention. This collection of videos and resources will show students how to speak out when they see someone being bullied.
- Explore classroom filmmaking with this playlist of resources for teachers and students.