Learn how dual-language education can foster bilingualism and biliteracy, enhancing students' awareness of cultural diversity while leveling up academic achievement.
- PBL is valuable for ELLs when it teaches academic vocabulary, encourages collaboration, scaffolds structure and function, allows assessment and differentiation, and leverages their native language.
- The benefits of promoting cultural diversity, tolerance, and empathy in curriculum to foster global awareness.
- A powerful documentary film project tells the story of a public school district through the lens of the people who work and learn there. VideoAmy offers a few favorites from the fifty short videos that have been published.
- How do you say "Tomorrow's assignment is . . ." in 460 languages?
- The John Stanford International School has been a model for developing global-awareness curricula. Now they’ve expanded their lessons to teach students how to take action to help others.
- Regardless of their educational background, parents can help get their children off to college.
- An innovative program teaches kids it's never too early to learn a foreign language.
- For more than 12 years, Seattle's John Stanford International School has been a model for international schools, immersing its elementary students in global awareness and achieving academically as well.
- A partial-immersion K-12 Japanese-language program teaches students that it's easy to make friends if you speak the same tongue.
- Here are some school practices that support positive teacher-student relations.