Learn how to help children develop traits like initiative, perseverance, and empathy to be successful and contribute positively to their communities.
- When elementary students compare the relative importance of a range of problems, they learn to take charge of their reactions.
- A trauma-informed approach ensures that students feel safe, supported, and nurtured—to improve their chances of academic success.
- See what happens when students and faculty participate in regular meetings to build trust and promote deeper learning.
- Experiential learning—like making incense sticks in factory conditions—teaches kids about real social issues.
- When Maryland middle school students spend a day focusing on helping others, they see their own capacity to make a difference in their community.