Learn how to help children develop traits like initiative, perseverance, and empathy to be successful and contribute positively to their communities.
- A trauma-informed approach ensures that students feel safe, supported, and nurtured—to improve their chances of academic success.
- See what happens when students and faculty participate in regular meetings to build trust and promote deeper learning.
- Experiential learning—like making incense sticks in factory conditions—teaches kids about real social issues.
- Phrases like "random acts of kindness" and "pay it forward" have become popular terms in modern society. It seems there are good reasons why we can't get enough of those addictive, feel-good emotions, as scientific studies prove there are many physical, emotional, and mental health benefits associated with kindness. As minds and bodies grow, it’s abundantly clear that children require a healthy dose of the warm-and-fuzzies to thrive as healthy, happy, well-rounded individuals.
- A Nashville high school striving to close achievement gaps is relying on trauma-informed practices and social and emotional learning—and it’s getting results.