Discover how activities and learning opportunities beyond the school day can make a difference for some kids.
- When afterschool program Ballet Folklorico teaches kids traditional Mexican dance, they build not only social and emotional skills, but also community.
- Research shows that when organizations hire staff that reflects the demographics of the children they serve, it can have a powerful impact.
- In Tacoma, a community-wide effort to better serve children is underway, and the first step is common language and shared best practices among the adults.
- The often-overlooked hours after school can be a great opportunity to build in lessons around self-regulation and decision-making.
- Research shows that creating optimal conditions for learning wherever kids spend time can boost student motivation and engagement—whether in or out of school.