Discover how advisory periods -- whether their focus is academic, social-emotional, or life planning -- can act as key building blocks for engaging students in a positive, inclusive school community.
- It takes time and intention, but creating opportunities for students to speak their truth builds understanding and empathy that benefits everyone—including the teacher.
- Get a peek at daily advisory meetings where students build both literacy and social and emotional learning skills in tight-knit groups.
- In lieu of a more punitive approach, students use restorative practices to resolve conflicts and reflect on their behaviors.
- A Nashville high school striving to close achievement gaps is relying on trauma-informed practices and social and emotional learning—and it’s getting results.
- Daily meetings with a consistent "crew" build strong relationships that help students thrive socially, emotionally, and academically.