StageLearn (www.stagelearn.org) is a FREE rich media ecosystem, using animation videos, to introduce case studies to high school students in order to help them master Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) courses.
StageLearn differs from traditional case studies websites in that its cases:
1) Are 2D digital and 3D animation videos (interactive and non interactive)
2) Incorporate the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
3) Have to do with hot topics in science and engineering that have the potential to change the societal norms or dramatically impact people’s health
4) By having a social component stimulate girls' interest in seeking a STEM degree attainment
5) Promote the female entrepreneur
6) Focus on global issues, which increase the American students’ understanding of other cultures
7) Deal with countries that are of particular interest in the demographic groups that do the poorest in the average U.S. classroom
For more information please visit www.stagelearn.org.
This post was created by a member of Edutopia's community. If you have your own #eduawesome tips, strategies, and ideas for improving education, share them with us.