This post was updated on April 28, 2016.
Here are eight clothing stores, taken from prior community conversations, that offer discounts in-store for teachers - although some are also available online. The process? Simple! Just mention that you're a teacher to the sales representatives and show them a school ID.
Clothing stores that offer 15% - 20% off teacher discounts:
1. Ann Taylor LOFT
2. The Limited
3. Banana Republic
7. Christopher & Banks
8. The teacher discounts at Talbots and J. Jill have gone away, but here are two bonus discounts to make up for it: New York & Company and Eddie Bauer.
If you're looking for more resources that are guaranteed to revolutionize your teaching practice, check out:
- The Big List of Educational Grants and Resources
- 11 Classroom Supply Discounts for Teachers
- Five-Minute Film Festival: 9 Ways to Raise Money for Your Class Online
- 6 Strategies for Funding a Makerspace
- Back to School: Gear up with strategies, tools, and resources for heading back to school.
Do you know of any other businesses that offer teacher discounts? Add to these growing lists by leaving a comment below. Happy savings!
This post was created by a member of Edutopia's community. If you have your own #eduawesome tips, strategies, and ideas for improving education, share them with us.