JOIN THE LEARNING ADVENTURE!
We’re looking for a few passionate, innovative educators.
Teaching at Venture Academy in Minneapolis gives you the chance to be a trailblazer: someone who goes above and beyond to discover better ways of helping amazing young people direct their own learning and achieve transformational gains. One of 20 national winners of the Next Generation Learning IIIa award, Venture’s mission is to ignite the passion of young people to become world-changing entrepreneurial leaders. Our breakthrough model is a blend of personalized, self-directed, digital, experiential and project-based learning designed to spark the motivation of diverse middle school learners. As we grow, we seek a few more adventurous and fun educators to join our team.
At Venture, you’ll have freedom to innovate, personalized coaching from master educators, more time to learn and plan, and supportive and upbeat colleagues. If you’re a creative, resourceful team-player ready to take full ownership for student progress, make Venture your new home.
Are you someone who never stops learning so your students will soar?
We’re not your typical school. Venture’s expectations for team members include:
• Agility: can adapt and personalize teaching approach to meet individual needs using feedback and data
• Previous academic results with underserved learners, and especially English language learners
• Rigorous expectations, a sense of urgency, and ability to motivate young people; a warm demander
• Enthusiasm: demonstrates vision, leadership, entrepreneurial spirit, positivity and excitement
• Experience with addressing the behavior needs of underserved learners
• Solutions-orientation: identifies and solves problems, takes risks and tries new approaches
• Teamwork: works well in and helps lead a team using authentic communication
• Versatility: brings strengths and passions across multiple content and specialty areas
• Integrity, work ethic, curiosity, passion for excellence and eagerness for growth
Performing Arts responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Teach music (choir), dance, and theatre to 6th – 8th grades
• Offer a variety of contexts and skills around performing arts, including dance, music, and theatre
• Develop long-term plans for performing arts course
• Bring the performing arts into community projects
• Active communication of projects/plans to Team Lead
• Expose and engage students in the exploration of performing arts from around the world
• Plan, coordinate, and execute school performances throughout the year in collaboration with Team Lead
• Drive school toward achieving a culture which embraces and thrives upon diversity through the use of performing arts
Apply now to become Venture’s Performing Arts Teacher.
We now have openings in the following areas: physical education/health and wellness, literacy/social studies, English learning (ELL), performing arts, and special education. Venture offers competitive compensation, full benefits and opportunities for rapid advancement. Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready for a learning adventure? Apply today to join the Venture team.
This post was created by a member of Edutopia's community. If you have your own #eduawesome tips, strategies, and ideas for improving education, share them with us.